Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rosh Chodesh

Rosh Chodesh literally means "head of the month." Since it's December 1, I figured it was an appropriate title.  I know, my creativity is just dazzling.

I was inspired to post because of a quote that my super cool sis sent me tonight:
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.  There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life and in change, there is power."
-Alan Cohen

It's true... You know, people say "it must be scary to leave the security of home" - but when you are no longer attached to a place in the way you once were, it loses it's security. There is more security in following your heart and letting it guide you to your next step.

Things in the preparations department are moving along. My flight is confirmed: I depart JFK airport on December 28th at 6:20pm and arrive in Tel Aviv on December 29th at 11:35am.  Although I probably won't leave the airport until around 2pm, supposedly the initial paperwork and ish will take us a couple hours once we arrive in Tel Aviv. This Tuesday I have a 1-on-1 meeting with a Nefesh b'Nefesh counselor.  Not really sure what I want to talk with her about yet but I know that once I'm there the questions will come pouring out of me...I hope.  I also have an appointment to get my new immigrant visa at the Israeli consulate this Wednesday morning. Hope that goes smoothly and relatively quick as well. Afterwards I'm headed to NY for a few days!  I plan to ice skate at Rockefeller Center since I've always wanted to, but never have and what better time than now? (Note: I haven't ice skated since I was about 9 years old and went down the field to the pond behind my house... could be a minor problem?)

Thanksgiving "break" came and went so fast. Maybe the fact that I worked 3 out of the 5 "vacation" days had something to do with it. We went to my mom's best friend, Sue's house in Vernon, CT for the feasting.  It was delicious! Had my 5 year high school reunion on Friday night which was also enjoyable.  It was well organized (props class officers) and saw some people I haven't seen in...well.... 5 years! If there were superlatives, Ryan George would have won some major awards. One being, best looking mailman ever. But really though, I wasn't looking forward to attending the reunion and in the end it was a good time and I'm really glad I went. And thanks Fax for boo-ing me during my entrance. Love you too.

Flight is 4 weeks from today and I have A LOT of stuff to give away. So lemme know if you're looking for any books, clothes, shoes, bags, random crap you want to take off my hands... it'll make my packing endeavor a whole lot easier.

1 comment:

  1. allie, you haven't ice skated since you were NINE YEARS OLD? your sister and i have ice skated m3b3dh (together). in fact, this coming week i will be able to travel to israel (travel policy change!!) and ice skate in metula!!!!!!!!!!! cannot wait. much love. miss you, and call you soon.

    ReplyDelete