Monday, February 2, 2009

Waiting at the bank


I'm here at Bank Leumi (not my bank, I have HaPoalim) waiting for my roomie, Jess, to finish converting her dollars to shekels. I just did the same at my bank! I'm in the money now! Well, not really since a good chunk of that check will go towards paying for my housing at Beit Canada and it also has to last me until I get a full time job. But my taxes will also help, and I have to give a HUGE thanks to mom for being my personal accountant. Next year mom, I promise I'll do it myself!

I spent the weekend with Lauren and Abe which was FANTASTIC. Thursday night Lauren and I went to one of my fav spots in Tel Aviv, a bar called Friends. It just so happens that Lauren's roommate's uncle OWNS the bar! So cool. Dvir met us there and it was really great to see him. Friday, Lauren and I went to the shuk to buy things to make a nice shabbas dinner. Abe arrived around 530pm and I cooked up a tasty meal for the 3 of us. We had quite the adventure on Saturday, trying to find the beach.  Follow the pics in the link below and you will see the adventure for yourself... We trekked through numerous dirt hills in hopes that the beach would lie just beyond each summit, only to find an electric fence and that an air base lie between us and our coveted beach. We could see people flying kites on the shore but there was no possible way to get there! We settled for a comfy patch of grass in the middle of the road. Hey, at least there were palm trees! 

We also went on a tiyul in and around Jerusalem on Thursday, instead of having class. Here are the pics from the trip and also from the weekend: PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment